Hipping Hall COVID-19 Response
As you might expect, the welfare and safety of our team, our guests and our local community remains our highest priority and we are closely following advice of Public Health England and the Government.
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be working hard and seeking guidance on what extra health and safety measures we will have to introduce to ensure our focus on safety & wellbeing is maintained.
Please see below some useful information for our guests in regards to our actions moving forward. This page will be updated regularly as more detail is known about the specific guidelines that will be in place.
1) Check-in: Direct room check in, Guests will be directed directly to there room to avoid any congestion at the reception area, social distancing will apply throughout.
2) Distance rule: In public areas such as in the restaurants & corridors, all employees are required to keep a distance of two metres between them and the guests. People ‘traffic’ may have to be managed at some pinch points.
3) Personnel planning: Staff will work together in fixed teams in order to “reconstruct possible infection chains”.
4) Hotel Offering: The Hotel will only operate on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast Basis until further notice, No Deposits will be taken for reservations to enable flexible booking rescheduling if needed.
5) Track and Trace: We will ask our guests to inform us post stay if they test positive in order for us to fulfil our track and trace obligations.
5) Restaurant: Our restaurant capacity will be significantly reduced to 50%. Tables will be set up at a minimum distance of 2 metres apart.
6) Extension of opening hours: In order to provide sufficient space for all guests, the opening hours of restaurant may be extended.
7) Hotel Bar & Lounge: We await to hear further information and guidance from the government with regards to bars, lounges etc.
Hygiene & Disinfection
8) Disinfectant dispensers: Disinfectant dispensers will be placed on entrance to the property, the restaurant and in the toilet areas (Guests would be advised to use toilets in their own accommodation rooms where possible)
9) Room cleaning: Extensive new cleaning practices will be put in place to provide the best possible protection against potential Covid-19 viruses. All rooms will be thoroughly deep cleaned before the arrival of guests and the same “intensely robust” cleaning protocols will be applied during every guest change over. The most frequently used areas, such as bathrooms, and most used devices and appliances like TV remote controls will receive particular attention.
Ozone cleaning will also apply.
Extensive Training Programme
10) Training by independent auditors: All staff will go through new training at the hotel, with new guidelines, training material and Health & safety amendments issued and training sessions applied before the commencement of work.
As stated previously we are adhering to the government guidelines closely and we will amend any processes when advised to do so.
We look forward to welcoming you all back to Hipping Hall Soon !!!
Updated 24th May 2020